Ray of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal, Supernatural and Unexplained

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spontaneous Human Combustion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Spontaneous Human Combustion Empty
PostSubject: Spontaneous Human Combustion   Spontaneous Human Combustion Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 pm

What is Spontaneous Human Combustion?

Spontaneous combustion occurs when an object -- in the case of spontaneous human combustion, a person -- bursts into flame from a chemical reaction within, apparently without being ignited by an external heat source.
The first known account of spontaneous human combustion came from the Danish anatomist Thomas Bartholin in 1663, who described how a woman in Paris "went up in ashes and smoke" while she was sleeping. The straw mattress on which she slept was unmarred by the fire. In 1673, a Frenchman named Jonas Dupont published a collection of spontaneous combustion cases in his work "De Incendiis Corporis Humani Spontaneis."
The hundreds of spontaneous human combustion accounts since that time have followed a similar pattern: The victim is almost completely consumed, usually inside his or her home. Coroners at the scene have sometimes noted a sweet, smoky smell in the room where the incident occurred.
What makes the charred bodies in the photos of spontaneous human combustion so peculiar is that the extremities often remain intact. Although the torso and head are charred beyond recognition, the hands, feet, and/or part of the legs may be unburned. Also, the room around the person shows little or no signs of a fire, aside from a greasy residue that is sometimes left on furniture and walls. In rare cases, the internal organs of a victim remain untouched while the outside of the body is charred.

Not all spontaneous human combustion victims simply burst into flames. Some develop strange burns on their body which have no obvious source, or emanate smoke from their body when no fire is present. And not every person who has caught fire has died -- a small percentage of people have actually survived what has been called their spontaneous combustion.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/unexplained-phenomena/shc.htm

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://rayoflight.forumotion.co.uk
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion   Spontaneous Human Combustion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Hello

I remember my Uncle telling a story as he was a Captain of the Fire Department. Where they entered an apartment in response to a call something was burning. To find a chair and a body gone....round floor pattern but nothing else burned. Not even the news paper on the floor where the body's feet would have been.

What brings this one ? We know that we are made up mostly of water and water is not combustible so what brings this on? Our body gases maybe we know we can light a boomer on fire but only for a split second does it ignight.

I can not begin to imagine what being on fire would be like the closes thing that I can relate to feeling hot from the inside out would be a hot flush. Could it be on a larger scale that brings on the combustion ?

Lynn
Back to top Go down
mercury
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion   Spontaneous Human Combustion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm

This is something that terrifies me.  I'm sure I've read somewhere that many or most victims are middle-aged women and the "seat" of the fire seems to be mid-torso, which is roughly where hot flushes start, which does make you wonder confused  *gulp*  

Even so, it's impossible to work out how this happens.  Obviously it's really quick - victims apparently having no time to react or call for help or do anything.    And how does a fire that is hot enough to completely incinerate half a body do so without hardly scorching the surroundings?     It must be like some kind of microwave effect - massive heating from the inside out that somehow gets extinguished on contact with the air.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion   Spontaneous Human Combustion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:48 pm

It's such a weird thing Shocked   I wonder if it has anything to do with an internal electrical fault or maybe even past lives events scratch
Back to top Go down
https://rayoflight.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spontaneous Human Combustion   Spontaneous Human Combustion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spontaneous Human Combustion
Page 1 of 1