Ray of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal, Supernatural and Unexplained

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nonpsb7user

Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Empty
PostSubject: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Not sure if this is paranormal or not. Began getting that really tense feeling, and initially was using the K2 in the hopes of finding an electrical device that may have been left on. I unplugged my TV, light, and xbox 360, so there was no power in my room. Also, I made sure that my phone was disconnected from wi-fi and mobile data. I essentially bricked it temporarily to avoid having the phone give off EMF pulses. That being said, here is the video. I've had this happen before, but it usually quits when I start recording. Also, I think the question that it responds to may be more circumstantial than evidential. You guys and gals decide.
Back to top Go down
mercury
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:45 am

Well something is definitely going on, but in the first place, you might have to explain to me what a K2 is ................ Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
nonpsb7user

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 am

My fault. The K2 is the electromagnetic field detectors that I have in each hand. I tend to use two at a time to rule out "chance". Oh, the K2 meter is thought to detect spirit presence based on the theory that spirit/ghosts consist of electromagnetic energy. The K2 is also known as "The Safe Range Meter".
Back to top Go down
mercury
mercury

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:18 am

Has it behaved like that anywhere before? I don't know what is "normal" for it - i.e how the K2 would function if there is no electromagnetic energy.

Could the energy in this instance have come from something else - yourself for example?

Back to top Go down
nonpsb7user

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Hey, Mercury

The K2 has never behaved like this for me. Human beings do not give off electromagnetic energy, so I doubt that I could have caused this. (the previous sentence was put in after the end of this post, which is why it is so succinct. I realized that I got off topic a tad, and never answered your question fully)
The K2 was never meant to be a paranormal detection device. Originally, it was meant to detect electromagnetic frequency, which, at large doses/exposures, can affect your health and cause things like fatigue, depression, paranoia, and anxiety, to name a few. All of your electronic devices give off EMF to some degree, especially cell-phones. The K2 was meant to determine if the EMF given off from the device was reaching you. For instance, your television may have an EMF reading, at it's screen, of 48.0 milligauss. However, it should dissipate as you distance yourself from the object. So, your tv that gives a 48 milligauss reading at the screen will gradually lower as you move away from the object. There are several different EMF meters available: the Lutron 802.a, GaussMaster, and K2 are all pretty much standard equipment used by most paranormal groups. There is an ELF meter that detects "Extremely Low Frequency" that some paranormal groups use. When most people buy an EMF meter, the main factor that goes into making a purchase is price for two reasons: 1. Price is important, and 2. Price is important because nobody really knows why ghosts/spirits are even said to be made of up electromagnetic energy. I'm sure that I could find a source online that explains why, or even how, people came to believe that ghosts and EMF are related, but honestly, I don't care about it enough to find out who developed this theory, or even why this theory exists.

Aside from electronic devices, the Earth has two magnetic poles, which also creates EMF. There are space weather station sites online where you can see the status of the earth's geomagnetic field, but I do not know off-hand the name of those sites. If I remember correctly, there are three categories that the geomagnetic field can be in: Settled, Unsettled, and Active. Again, I'm sure there is more to it than that, but that's what I remember as I sit here typing away more information than you probably care to read. Paranormal investigators believe that when the Earth's geomagnetic field is in flux, or fluctuating, that it enhances the amount of paranormal activity that the average person can experience. Why? I have no idea. I have seen reports from the guy at Perception9, David Roundtree I believe, who has documented some cases where EMF and paranormal activity were present at the same time during an investigation, but for me, that just means that on that given night, there was EMF present while the investigators were documenting paranormal experiences. Does that mean there is a correlation between EMF and paranormal activity? Maybe. Maybe not. I do not know. What I do know is that too many of us, myself included, are guilty of seeing what one group or organization uses, and think, "Yeah, I've got to have that for my equipment collection." I would never have bought a K2 had I not seen "Ghost Hunters" (TAPS) using them on their show. Same thing with all of the damn Digital Dowsing gear I have bought. "That's awesome", I thought, as I watched Zakk Bagans use the PX device and Ovilus on GhostAdventures, and immediately I had to have one. Did I know how it worked? Nope. Did I even know the theory behind how it works? Not a chance. Now that I have given Mr. Chappell close to $700, I realize what a giant assumption I made about spirits and ghosts. I assumed that A. they would already know the list of words that are contained in an Ovilus's wordbank, and B. That they would know how to manipulate the sensors contained inside the Ovilus in order to generate the word they want to use. How ridiculous does that sound?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy   Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous K2 Hits Going Crazy
Page 1 of 1