Ray of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal, Supernatural and Unexplained

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haunted - Comlongon Castle, Dumfries Scotland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Haunted - Comlongon Castle, Dumfries Scotland Empty
PostSubject: Haunted - Comlongon Castle, Dumfries Scotland   Haunted - Comlongon Castle, Dumfries Scotland Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:05 am

Origin of the haunting: 16th Century

Background of the haunted place: 15th Century Border castle which is now a hotel. Lady Marion Carruthers came here following her escape from Borthwick Castle. She had been held there awaiting the result of a legal battle over her arranged marriage. Her uncle owned this castle and gave her shelter. Marion's ghost tells the story.

Ghost story: They wanted me to marry James Douglas, a man I didn't love. It wasn't as though he loved me, he just wanted my share of the estate my father had left my sister and me. He said he had obtained consent to marry me. The Privy Council were to decide my fate. How could they decide who I was to spend the rest of my life with? I gave my half of the estate to my Uncle hoping this would stop James Douglas; but it didn't. He sued through the courts for his 'inheritance'.

James Douglas won and I was told to surrender myself to him, but I couldn't. I went to the tower and jumped from the top right hand window. Some think I was pushed by some of Douglas's men but I can't remember and it doesn't matter. If you visit, look out for a sad girl in a green dress. It is also said that the grass never grows where I fell.

http://www.hauntedplaces.co.uk/comlongon.htm
Back to top Go down
https://rayoflight.forumotion.co.uk

Haunted - Comlongon Castle, Dumfries Scotland
Page 1 of 1